Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful

I wanted to post my Thanksgiving tablescape, even though I spent my Thanksgiving at a football game, then proceeded to move my dear daughter to her new home.  I am so very thankful for my future son in law, and the beautiful life they are starting together.  We are having the wedding on New Year's Eve, so our holidays this year, is all revolving around the big day!



My thanksgiving tablescape is a quick little table I put together before heading to my daughter's house.  Thanksgiving has always been extra special at my house.  One because of my mama's super amazing mouth watering lip smacking turkey and dressing that she and my sister (my mother's real favorite daughter) make together each Thanksgiving and one other little thing is that my precious daughter has her birthday on the 26th, we always called her our little turkey baby.




I started this table with a burlap triple ruffled tablecloth...I have a deep love of all things burlap.  I paired the tablecloth with a sweet vintage lace edged napkin.







Old Tom Turkey is front and center in my placesetting.  I used a combination of Mikasa Italian Countryside, Pfaltzgraff Country Cupboard and my pretty little brown turkey transferware.




My goodness I do love glassware, I really have a passion for old glassware.  I used my Mikasa Italian Countryside with Fostoria Virginia Brown goblets, so pretty together.  What is a girl to do when she is running low on storage space?  Remove unimportant things like groceries from cupboards and replace with beautiful old glassware? I say YES!!






The table is very simple, I used my tureen in conjunction with my sweet little gravey boat...these are from Williams Sonoma with a couple of brown turkeys that tie back beautifully with Old Tom on each placesetting.




The flatware is a combination of Mikasa Italian Countryside and my tooled leather embossed flatware, a interesting combination that gives a nod to the brown of the dinnerware and my Texas roots.




I hope you enjoy my quick tablescape and that your Thanksgiving was full of all the things that make you happy.



http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Marigene said...

Beautiful table, Donna, from the china, to the crystal, to the flatware. I am not real big on burlap (reminds me of scratchy, smelly feed bags!), but I have to say, I really, really like your table cloth...it is one of the nicest I have seen! Gorgeous gravy tureen.

Donna (My Mothers {favorite} Daughter) said...

Thank you so much for visiting and the wonderful comments! It is the most sassy tablecloth I own, and it totally makes me smile each time I see it, so I guess it did its job right? Of course me being the country girl, I absolutely love the smell of the feed room in the barn, just takes me back to childhood; running around barefoot and carefree.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Darling tablecloth! Great tablescape!

I have enjoyed browsing your blog and catching up on your posts! You are very talented!

Katherine

Post a Comment