Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hark! There's A Mouse In The House!!


Well folks...its official...we have a mouse house!  I went in a total different direction this year for Christmas.  Mainly because of my hubby...he is Mr. Disney...he says with all sincerity and from the bottom of his heart...that Disney is the happiest place on earth! So I thought I would bring a little of that to our house...ok, maybe more than just a little.




I found these sweet little dishes at Tuesday Morning back at the end of September, yep I have kept it a secret this whole time...and that is kinda like a Christmas Miracle in and of itself!  I placed each setting on a Spode platter, the red with white polka dots just seemed to be made for these Disney dishes, a match made in heaven.  I only used the Mickey and Minnie on the table, I think they also had some of the other characters.



I wanted everything to be fun and fresh so when I spotted the monogrammed goblets, I did a happy dance and snatched them up!  They are placed on sweet little striped beverage napkins monogrammed with the words...Ho Ho Ho.  I married them with some bright green goblets that just made the table sing.




My napkin rings were a find at Pier 1 and the colors seemed to work beautifully with this table and the white tablecloth and napkins.



My red flatware has found its way onto this table as would be expected, nothing else would do!


My centerpiece is a platter placed on a pedestal with a Mickey & Minnie Mouse cookie jar taking center stage and tempting everyone to take a peek and see what treats are inside.  I placed a wreath of brightly colored Christmas ornaments around the base of the pedestal.



This present box sits on the island...ready for some cookies, what better way to store some homemade cookies than in a little present box, heck I love presents, much less ones that involve cookies!


I think Mickey is a Cookie Monster...just like my guy!


I sprinkled some red votives in the mix as well as a couple sets of happy little salt and pepper shakers...ready to sprinkle on a little Disney magic!





I carried the Disney Magic thru to the tree this year as well.  Our tree just puts a smile on your face.  Especially ours!



I was so happy with all the great little ornaments I was able to find which completed the whole Mouse in the House vibe.

The stuffed Mickey & Minnie are not actually ornaments, but I think they work great!  Who can resist that face?  She is adorable!!


I added a couple of mugs to the counter top in the kitchen, ready for some hot tea with my mouse loving fella!


Thanks to my friend, Kathie aka Dishgirl :) I found these perfect peppermint trees to use on my cooktop...so perfect with all the peppermint ornaments on the tree...I love you Kat and appreciate that you are such a wonderful enabler!!!


Merry Christmas to you all, and may God Bless each of you.




9 comments:

Alycia Nichols said...

Wow, Donna....this is fantasmagorical!!! (Wasn't that the name of something in the Disney film "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"?) You really put this together beautifully!!! All of the different elements spell nothing but pure magic and fun! The Spode chargers go great with the whole theme, and I love the stemware you found to go with it all! I saw the plates earlier this year and thought how absolutely adorable they were. Great buy!!! Your tree is outta sight, too! I imagine your husband is over the moon with it all. What's that Walt Disney once said..."If you can dream it, you can do it." You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a very Merry Christmas in the happiest place on earth...YOUR house!!!!

Kendall Tullis said...

I love seeing Mickey and Minnie's smiling faces when sitting down to eat! You did a great job of making the house a wonderfully magically place this Christmas!!

Marlis said...

This is just so much fun.. I love the dishes and so wonderful that they fit into the rest of your MM decor.. The glasses and the napkins are perfect! great centerpiece too.. Merry Christmas, xo marlis

Audrey said...

I can see you having so much fun doing this, smiling and giggling all the time. It looks great and should make "your guy" very happy. It is beautiful and so perfect.
Christmas Blessings to all or you.
Audrey Z.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lovely magical sweet table you've set! Love all the Mickey things. Those candy cane trees are so pretty! Just a 'make me feel like a kid again' table!
Merry Christmas and be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How adorable. Love your Mickey Christmas table. No mouse loving guy is going to have a frown at this charming table.

Marigene said...

I am enchanted with this festive table...and tree, they are truly magical!
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my how completely absolutely adorable- what a great theme! You did an amazing and festive tablescape - and even your tree goes perfectly with these new dish finds.

You REALLY have a talented eye for design!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is absolutely adorable!! What a great tablescape, don't think I've ever seen a Mickey tablescape before, love it!

You have a wonderful MM collection, neat tree!

Such a fun post!

Katherine

Post a Comment